Important Changes to How You Pay State Sales Tax!
Important Changes to How You Pay State Sales Tax! – Many of our clients doing business in California pay sales tax to the state, and the following are some important details about accessing your account in the new online system when it goes live this Monday, May 7, 2018.
Beginning on May 7, sales and use taxes accounts will be moved to the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) website. You will need to create an account by following the steps below.
Here are the steps to logging in and setting up your account:
- Your current User ID and Password will not be valid in the new system
- To gain access to your account, you need to set up a new Username and Password
- When the system goes live on Monday, May 7, 2018, go to www.cdtfa.ca.gov.
- Click the Login button
- Scroll down and click View Accounts
- Click on Sign Up Now
- You will be prompted to enter or request a security code. Please request a security code and allow seven to ten (7-10) business days for the code to be delivered to your business mailing address.
- Once you receive your security code, you will return to www.cdtfa.ca.gov and repeat the steps above to set up a new Username and Password and access your account.
- Remember to provide the username and password to whomever makes your sales tax payments, if applicable.
For more information on the new online system including the tax programs that will be moved, please see special notice L-523 California Department Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) Changes to Online Services here: https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/formspubs/l523.pdf
Again, you must complete the steps above to make sales tax payments!
Feel free to contact us if you’re not sure if these changes apply to you, or if you any questions arise when you register with CDTFA.